Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weekly Recap

Last week turned out to be a very good and little bit bad week.

On Saturday I went out for what I thought would be a 16 mile run, due to all the various side routes I took I ended up going 19.  I have a marathon on July 13th so I am ahead of where I expected to be at this point.  I actually wanted to keep my miles down before this race so I don't go in with dead legs but I might consider 20 this week.  The last marathon in April I felt worn out so I'm trying to hold back to have a better race.  The weather has been really good here in Colorado for morning runs so it just seems effortless to keep going.  This morning I planned on going 6-7 miles and ended up just over 8 miles. 

Sunday I went out trail running at a place named Deer Creek Canyon.  They have various trails to take but I usually go on this one loop that is 2.75 miles and do a couple laps.  Part of the trail is also a mountain bike trail so you have to watch out for bikes.  The trail starts at 6,000 and goes up for another 1,000 and then back down through some very rocky parts.  The first lap was no problem, on the second lap I was dodging two bikes, hit a rock with my toe and went down.  I ended up scraping up my right knee but just got up and kept running.  My toe was bit sore the next couple days but it is better now and it was nothing to keep me from running.

My upcoming schedule is the Missoula Marathon in July, the Revel Marathon in August and the Bear Chase trail 50k in September.  These are all different types of races so I will be doing all different types of running training.  The Missoula is a regular marathon, the Revel is a downhill marathon and the Bear Chase is a trail race.  This summer will be a chance to try different things because I don't have to travel as much for work.

Two new pairs of shoes I really like: Adidas Glide Boost 6 (for regular training and long runs) and the Brooks Cascadia 9 (for trail).

If anyone has any training tips for my upcoming races feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment