Monday, June 16, 2014

Traveling and running

My job requires me to travel on occasion.  Sometimes I will be traveling back and forth to the same city for a project for months others times it is like this week where I am somewhere just for the week.  I've had to travel for work for over a decade so I have a few ways that I can keep training while on the road:
- I always pack workout clothes for every single day.
- Check the weather for where you are going so you can be prepared if you are running outside.  It's been raining here so I'm glad I brought my rain running coat.
- Check to see if your hotel has a gym, if they don't I find a local one that has daily or weekly rates.  I've joined gyms for several months while on a longer term project just so I can have a place to work out.
- I stay at hotels that at least have a fridge in the room so I don't have to eat out all the time.  I go to local grocery store on the first day and get some fruit and food I can have for breakfast and dinner if possible.
- Do a little research on where you are going to figure out running routes.  If you are in a place where it is not conducive to running outside then most hotels at least have a treadmill.

Greetings from Calgary and have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment