Friday, May 9, 2014

The first 10k race of the year

Typically I only run marathons, half marathons or obstacle course races but I have two 10k races I do every year.  One is for a good cause and the other is a tradition:

The Airlife Run (http://ezregister.com/events/8998/): This honors police, fire and EMS people and is held in memory of an AirLife (flight for life) helicopter that crashed about 17 years ago.  It has a cheap entry fee, is only a few miles from house and is good practice for the other 10k I do.

The Bolder Boulder: There are over 50,000 runners in this race so you go in waves depending on the time you have the year before or some other race you might have done.  Every year I keep going down in wave as my times have improved.  This year I'm in wave CB.  It is a fun race to do, somewhat hilly but you end by running into Folsom Field (where the University of Colorado Buffaloes play) and do a partial lap.  I've done it enough years to know where to park when I get there, run, and leave town.  You can stick around to watch the elite runners finish (they run at the end) and a Memorial Day program where they honor veterans but I prefer to get home and watch it on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment