Thursday, May 1, 2014

April Recap

The first day of May means summer is around the corner.

In April  I had 180 training miles according to Daily Mile (this includes any cardio activity) and for the year I'm at 646.6 miles ran.  I really don't compare months but I think this is the most miles I've had this early in the year and I can feel it. 

For the next month I'm running shorter and lifting heavier.  I only have two 10k races in May so the running focus will be on speed.  I have felt a bit worn down so I'm trying to get some strength and size back.  I have had enough people tell me in the last two weeks that I look thin compared what I used to be.  I don't weigh myself on a regular basis so I have no idea if I am more or less but I've noticed many of my clothes are loose fitting now.  This is a side effect of the running, amazing how that works, you run a lot, eat good and you lose weight.  Maybe I should market this idea! LOL

The last 9 days have been hectic in that I ran a marathon in Salt Lake City, went to Detroit for work and then Phoenix.  It really makes you appreciate being at home when you have to travel that much.  I used to keep a hectic travel schedule when I was in my 20's but now I set my own schedule so it is more manageable it just happened I had 3 trips in a row.


Since the last time I wrote anything the Boston Marathon occurred.  It was a success however it turns out people made up fake bibs to run the race.  Next year I guess they will need to have handheld scanners to make sure there is a chip on the back and it is a valid bib.  My view is that is not the spirit of marathon running.  Bandits have been tolerated for years in Boston and in other races but my view is run if want but don't use any facilities, aid stations or grab a medal at the end, you don't have the right to any of those.

What are your thoughts on the bib cheats at Boston?

No comments:

Post a Comment