Thursday, June 27, 2013

This past weekend I ran the Seattle Rock 'N' Roll Marathon.  A few random thoughts:
- Beautiful city to run in, the first 15 miles of this course were some of the best I have seen.  Unfortunately the last 11 was through tunnels, alongside highways and had very slanted roads.  Still a good race to run and we had nice weather.
- After 19 marathons I've started to become a running snob.  I don't understand why somebody is running with their phone and stopping to take pictures?  I saw this happening over and over and have no idea why.
- The bigger the marathon the more clueless runners there are: 3 or more people running side by side on a narrow path and refusing to move to allow faster people to pass is poor etiquette.
- What appeared to be a homeless guy ran across the race route and I had to come to an almost complete stop or run him over.
- Whomever decided chocolate milk after a marathon is a great idea hasn't run a marathon and then drank chocolate milk.  I am not a milk drinker and don't like chocolate so this is my own fault.  I felt nauseous after I took a couple drinks so I won't be doing that again.
- The Seattle Brewery tour is a great event to go on if you have the time or interest.
- Frontier Airlines used to be one of my favorite airlines.  I would try to fly with them whenever I could and had status in their frequent flyer program.  In that last year that has changed, they are cutting back since going independent and it really shows.  We had a 4 hour delay (which is longer than the actual flight) but not notifying us before hand (when they knew hours before) is inexcuseable.

No comments:

Post a Comment