Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Running and Logistics Related Dilemma

I am having a hard time making up my mind on something.  I have two things that are occurring on the same weekend (8/1 & 2) and I can't do both:

- I have been asked to be part of a 3 person team for a 12 hour trail relay race that is close to where I live.  I had thought about doing this particular race because I had heard good things about it and it doesn't have the associated logistics issues many relay races have because you are in one spot and do 10 mile laps on a nice trail.  The other people on this relay team are good runners so this seems like a good event to do with some good people.

- I also have a high school class reunion that has been scheduled that same weekend.  This would involve me traveling 1,000 miles but I could also visit my family at the same time.   Another factor is that none of my family lives in the city where I went to high school so it means lots of driving around all over the place during the whole weekend.  I am not a fan of traveling to Wisconsin (where the reunion will be held) in the summer but would rather go and visit my family in the fall (fall in Wisconsin is the best season).  I have no reservations about attending this but don't feel I am missing much by not being there.  I went to the one 5 years ago so I think I can pass on this one.


So what do you think, which one should I do?

2 comments:

  1. The 12-hour trail relay for sure!! Even the way you describe them both screams, "I really want to do the relay and not the reunion".

    ReplyDelete