Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Miscellaneous Thoughts Wednesday

- I like running in the dark at this time of year.  Everything is starting to grow and wildlife is really active in the several hours before the sun comes up.

- I come up with lots of random thoughts while I am on my long runs but only remember a few of them because I don't save them anywhere and I forget many of them before I finish.

- How did people share this much information before social media?  I don't remember people sharing extremely personal things face to face back in the 90's but maybe I was not included in these discussions?

- Women wear yoga pants everywhere now so now men are countering by wearing sweatpants?!: http://www.npr.org/2015/04/08/397138654/for-the-modern-man-the-sweatpant-moves-out-of-the-gym  Sorry but no matter how nice they look you are still wearing sweatpants!

- I passed 6,000 runstreak miles earlier this week on runstreak day 1221.

- I'm still fighting the censor in my head that keeps me from commenting on certain things on social media platforms. 

- It bugs me when I am out for a run and I say "hi", "good morning" or even give a head nod to someone and they don't acknowledge it in some way.  Most people respond in some way but when they don't I wonder if they are just naturally angry or didn't hear me.

- 18 more days until the next marathon.

- If get injured all the time from running then there is something wrong with your form, the distances you are trying to go or you have some sort of muscular weakness.  If you don't change something then how can you expect that you won't get hurt again?





No comments:

Post a Comment