Friday, August 8, 2014

August update

I have really slacked off on writing anything lately for a few reasons:
- I don't really have much to say
- I have been a bit busy

The last thing I wrote was a recap of the Missoula Marathon so here is what has gone on since:
- I am still running every day, 977 days straight as of today.
- Marathon #26 is next week, the Revel Rockies marathon (which goes downhill almost 5,000 feet from start to finish)
- To train for the Revel marathon some friends and I went out and ran 12 miles downhill last week.  We started out at above 10,000 feet elevation and ended at about 8,000.
- The cardio part of the run was easy but you could definitely feel it in your legs the next few days.
- I found out a couple weeks ago that I got into the London Marathon.  So in the next year I am going to be able to run NYC, Tokyo and London to complete my goal of running all the Majors.
- I have been working on a project that has me go up to Calgary ever few weeks.  It is a nice city to travel to because it is in the same time zone, is a short flight and I stay downtown so I end up walking everywhere.  Also they have a nice area to run alongside the river.
- My birthday was several weeks ago and I really didn't do much of anything to celebrate it however I do something to test myself around birthday.  Since I started running all the time I have lost size and strength but every year I test to see that I can still do flat bench dumbbell presses with 100 lb dumbbells.  This year I was able to do 9 reps and was annoyed I couldn't do 10 so I did a set of 5 reps with 105 lb dumbbells.  I used to be stronger but I'm happy with being able to do this now.

- I have been to several concerts the last week: Alice Cooper & Motley Crue @ The Pepsi Center (very loud and good) and REO Speedwagon & Chicago @ Red Rocks (also good and not as loud).

- I'm going to a wedding for a Scottish friend this weekend up in the mountains so I am breaking out my kilt for the occasion.

That is about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment